My power is decay

You've all read books where the hero of the story is immortal. Tuck Everlasting is the most famous. Even more common are super hero stories; Super Man, Powerless, Ordinary Boy, the list goes on and on. Have you ever seen a movie where the villain is a zombie or otherwise undead creature? (Star Wars comes to mind). Well, My story is a mash-up of all these themes. I was a hero, I am zombie, and soon, I may be a villain. As I write this, my eyes are nothing but sockets, and I have placed glowing coals in their place to give the effect of anger. Flab’s of flesh hang off my arms and face; I have left them there to scare away my former friends grandchildren. Maggots wiggled all over every surface of my body, if you could still call it a body. The greatest power of them all has given me the live of a monster. But how did it come to this? I guess the best place to start is the beginning. But it is hard to tell when the beginning is. At my birth? At the meteorite landing? At the founding of our town? At the beginning of time? I suppose, for the sake of time, I will have to summarize a little. At the birth of our planet, the universe was a fiery mess. Earth was the first in our solar system to form. (Don't look it up, just trust me). Only three billion years after solidifying a meteorite rammed into it. Not a very warm welcome, bu thats the way it is. Part of that giant chunk of matter in space was rock, and became our moon. The majority of it, however, was ice, and as it went through earths atmosphere it melted, creating our entire water supply. The bits of dust stuck in the ice formed and island, and on that island, the first life formed. Fast forward a couple million years, and you have a undetected island in the middle of the pacific. The dust from the ice was radioactive, and the close contact with it gives the residents; you guessed it; super powers. In our town, when a baby is born, a clod of dirt is put it their mouth to give them power. My power was not apparent at first. For years my family thought that I had no power. It was only when I turned ten that they really worried. No one on the island had ever turned ten without a power. They took me to the town psychologist, a lady who could read minds. It took a big bundle of cash, but she peered deep into mind and found my power; I am imortal. The whole town was happily surprized. No one had ever had such a great power before. I quickly became the towns greatest hero, fighting evil and all that stuff. A hundred years past. I had to retire becuse we had discovered a flaw in my power; my mind stayed the same, my strength, speed and agility stayed the same, but my apernce was now that of,a hundred ten year old lady. I retired from hero work, and things went well until I started to decay.

No comments:

Post a Comment